Slips, Trips, and Falls continue to be a significant hazard for many industries and while we may make jokes about people having “two left feet” or not being able to walk and chew gum, the statistics and the very real business costs are some of the highest of any type of accident or injury. Westfield has posted several past articles on slip/trip/fall prevention:
- 5 Ways to Help Prevent Slips, Trips, and Falls - http://losscontrol.westfieldinsurance.com/2009/11/slip-trip-fall-prevention.html
- Watch Your STFs - http://losscontrol.westfieldinsurance.com/2013/05/during-the-winter-months-an-obvious-injury-concern-is-exterior-slips-trips-and-falls-due-to-icy-conditions-and-inclement.html
- When the Warning Becomes the Hazard: Wet Floor Signs - http://losscontrol.westfieldinsurance.com/2011/09/when-the-warning-becomes-the-hazard-wet-floor-signs.html
- Three Points of Contact Help Prevent Falls - http://losscontrol.westfieldinsurance.com/2011/06/three-points-of-contact-helps-prevent-falls.html
- Saving Lives with Fall Protection - http://losscontrol.westfieldinsurance.com/2010/02/saving-lives-with-fall-protection.html
Stay tuned for more targeted content coming up this year. Westfield is taking a look at some of our specific customer industries and shining a spotlight on how to address and protect your business and yourself from the most common slip, trip, and fall hazards.
Look for an upcoming post geared towards hospitality, coming in August.